Thursday, August 18, 2011

It has happened. What I knew we would eventually face one day. The issue of stealing. It hit and it hit hard. A few weeks ago I felt hurt, betrayed, angry, and wondering what and who is it going to be today? To be totally honest I did not trust anyone. I was watching everyone who entered my house like a hawk. I had an idea of who might have taken some of the things so my first reaction was to go and find my stuff and take it back.

Then at bible study my friend reads this verse:
¨Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you DO NOT DEMAND IT BACK.¨

and here I am making my plan to demand my things back.

HUMBLED I STAND.

Okay Lord my planning stops there.

At the same time as all of this I have been praying asking the Lord to put me to the test to put me through the flame to purify me of anything that is not of Him.

And that He is doing.

This is a process of riding me of that ugly thing called materialism that I still hold deep in my heart.

I did not go demanding my things but instead forgot and moved forward still having enough. In doing that the Lord has been faithful to bless us with more. One of the things that went missing was Grace´s pair of church shoes. We were walking the other day and this man came up to me and in English says ¨ Hey why don´t you come by my SHOE store  one day when you have time. I want to give your little girl a pair of shoes.¨

No comments:

Post a Comment