Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What really happens in the day of my life in La Moskita...

People demand I give them things because I am white and white = a rich person. Some days I have to bite my tongue and just say "God loves a cheerful giver" 2 Corinthians 9:7


People lie to get what want instead of telling their honest needs but as much as I want to be the judge  James 4:12 "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?"

My friends steal from me. And I have to say "Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back." Luke 6:30

I trust VERY FEW people. ( I have less than 5 people) but know I can only truly trust in the Lord with all my heart. Proverbs 3:5

I give someone something they need and they sell it to feed some addiction.
This one is a hard pill for me to swallow... not my place to judge what they do with what I give, but it is my place if I have it to give it.
 Do not say to your neighbor, “Come back later; I’ll give it tomorrow”- when you now have it with you. Proverbs 3:28

At times I am the only one fighting for something and everyone else is against me. In these times I claim "If God is for me who can be against me" Romans 8:31

People are at your door before you wake up until you go to bed... Exhausting... and the only thing that can keep me going is knowing the" Joy of the Lord is my strength" Nehemiah 8:10

Everything takes a LONG time a REALLY LONG TIME and a lot of waiting. For some idea the bank is a good 4 hours on any day, hospital you might as well block out 8 hours, add in that all clothes are washed by hand,and all meals are cooked from scratch.  This might be the biggest lesson I am learning in this season is "Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD." Psalm 27:14 
There are some of other situations we are facing now ... a little more serious than waiting at the bank. I am learning to just give them over to the Lord be patient and wait on His timing because whatever He has planned is way better than my timeline.


There are weeks without water. Use your imagination as to what all that includes. After a good bit of complaining the Lord always humbles me and brings me back to John 7:38 "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
 
 
 
There are situations that I don't understand WHY. and in those times I have to claim The Lord works all things for the good of those who love him" Romans 8:28

It is no secret life here is NOT easy. But I was not called to live the easy life.
In many ways I am still very much a Gringa


 but the truth is...




I would rather:
*have a child beg for food at my door than sit at my kitchen table and eat my favorite foods knowing the pantry and refrigerator are full of more.
*stand in line at the bank with my friends for hours than get in my car and spend 2 minutes at the bank.
*have a meaningful conversation in my broken Spanish than chitchat in my heart language.
*fight to make a difference in the lives of these children than be naive.
*spend an hour washing clothes with my girl playing in the pila ( water tub I wash in) than watch an hour of mindless TV.
*be a sleep deprived half crazy momma than the girl who had my every want.
* have my unorganized loud small apartment over my spacious quiet organized house.
*share my small bed with Grace than have my comfortable big bed in my own room.
* "wear" two babies one in a carrier and one on my back than have my closet full of cute clothes.
 
 
And I could go on and on point is I have been blessed to be able to serve with the Lord here in Puerto Lempira. I won't lie some days I get overwhelmed but then I think what JOY that He has entrusted me with these children and this job and I would gladly choose this over an easy comfortable life.


Here are a few pictures my babies who are growing up way too fast!




1 comment:

  1. From Sherry at Aronov:
    Reminds me of the biography of a great Christian missionary who was led by the Lord to leave everything behind and move with his wife to a remote island in the South Pacific to share the gospel. Not long after they got there, his wife died. Because the natives were a cannibal culture, for a time he had to sleep outside their home where he had buried her to protect her body in her grave. It took a very long time for him to see fruit from his tremendous sacrifice. At times he grappled with God but chose to obey and remain there for over 25 years. Eventually, the leader of the native culture came to him, they developed a relationship, he recieved Jesus as his savior Many, many members of their community followed. Amazing story of how it's not always easy, but that God keeps the people who love him and are called according to his purpose. Morgan, that's you. Nothing fulfills us more than living as his vessel. It wasn't possible to really understand that until I intentionally began to live it daily myself. We are blessed beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete