Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My last week in La Moskitia did not go quite as I had planned.

I got everything ready for the VISA for Grace all I needed was the signature from Grace's birth mom. This was the step that I thought my be the end but I went to the radio and called Grace's grandparents asking for any information about Grace's birth mom. They called the next day and she was in their village. They put her on the phone and I was able to talk to her and she agreed to come on Monday and I would pay her 8 hour boat trip. At this point I was on top of the world it was really looking like I would be bringing my baby girl home and that I would not have to leave her for 4 months again. Well after we started to look more into everything on Sunday afternoon we realized that with the time and traveling we would have to do that it would probably not work out. Grace's birth mom was still coming in the morning so at this point I just decided that we would still go to the judge so I could get legal guardianship of Grace.
Well Monday comes and she isn't on the boat. We call there is an excuse of the boat not having gas.

Tuesday no show, another excuse that she is half way here and will be here early Wednesday morning.

Wednesday no show. I call  and she is still in her village. I tell her not to come because we are leaving Friday so we would not have time to go to the judge. I was excited to meet her, to see what she looks like, to take pictures of her with Grace so I could show Grace when she gets older, but none of what I wanted happened.

Thursday I went with the owner of my apartment and saw the apartment I will be living in when I move. This was a little more encouraging. He ask me if I wanted it painted and I said yeah PINK so he is going to paint my little room PINK for me. Even though its small I am excited and so is the owner and he is doing everything he can to make it as nice as possible for me!
After daydreaming about the apartment I had to pack and begin to think about Grace's 1st Birthday!

On Friday we went to La Cieba ( about a 2 hour plane ride) and had three wonderful days full of sightseeing, french fries, and cake! I left Grace there with a family so she can continue to see the specialist for the next few weeks and I went on to San Pedro Sula.

In San Pedro Sula I stayed with my friend Irma and her family. It was her 55 birthday and we had a great time. She is learning English so I helped her with her English homework which was funny.  It was a good end to the week. We went out to eat and then came home and had cake with her friends.

 On Monday morning I got to go tour the new  burn and children's surgery hospital that Irma will be administrator of. I met many contacts here for the children of La Moskitia who need surgery.

So all this to say in a full week  of time what I thought would happen did not happen but something far greater did:
I got to take my daughter to the city to celebrate her birthday. I got to take her to eat Wendy's, eat cake , go in a bouncy castle , and ride little rides. I got to go with Irma to her work and meet doctors and people from the states who manufacture burn creams. I met the founder of the hospital and she gave me her phone number and she told me to call anytime we need a child to come.

If things had gone the way I planned I would not have met these people and more children would not be able to get help. Through these connections any child that needs a surgery will be able to go to their hospital for free if the hospital is able to do the surgery.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord... "
He has " plans" for every child of La Moskitia! I am so thankful that time after time the LORD's will is done and not mine. Even though I throw a fit like a toddler He continues to be patient and say just wait I have the plans and they are far greater than anything you could ever imagine!

1 comment:

  1. So i'm tearing up reading this. You are so awesome Morgan and I'm so proud of you! LOVE