Monday, April 25, 2011

I looked at these past few months and how the Lord took a baby that I was told" do not get too attached she won't make it."  A baby that nurses told me they did not need to do an HIV test because they "could tell by looking at her that she was going to be positive."

I remember back to the very first day when I met Grace when I saw her in her grandmothers room wrapped in a towel as a diaper sweating like crazy. I took her and immediately put a diaper on her realizing that inside the towel were leaves and this was part of a witch craft ritual. Those first few days after I became her mom as I woke up almost every hour of the night and spent hours each day at the hospital.I remember the night I told all the kids and the nannies to be careful with her because of the possible HIV and the looks of fear and disgust that came over every face as the moved away from where I was standing holding her. I remember the nanny refusing to care for her.  I remember the developmental delays that I thought she would face.  I remember praying for the Lord to heal her and use her for His Glory.

Then I remember the day I was told that she was walking right on track at 12 months old. The day 6 months after the initial HIV test that I heard the word NEGITIVO come out of the doctors mouth. I think back to the updates on Grace that all of the children LOVE her and are always asking to play with her. And I think back to the latest update at 15 months old  she was so determined to hang out with the older kids that she walked almost a mile by herself.


All this to say that
the witch craft did not heal Grace.
the doctors did not heal Grace.
I did not heal Grace.

The power of the Lord the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. The same power of the Spirit that lives inside of each of us.


The Lord's POWER is what healed Grace.

Romans 8: 11 says:
"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you."

So this Easter season I am rejoicing in the power of our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment