Tuesday, November 22, 2011

THANKSGIVING TREE




Yep that is what you see. Thanksgiving is not something Hondurans celebrate but this year the kids in my english class in a way celebrated Thanksgiving with a twist. We traced our hands and in ENGLISH wrote something we were thankful for and then cut them out and decorated our classroom with a tree.

So since you probably can't read those what are they thankful for?

Family they named different family members (probably because that is the latest thing we learned) and playing soccer. Gotta love them!










What am I thankful for?

I am thankful for the families of Americans here who have become my family in Honduras.

I am thankful for each of you who dedicate so much of your time to simply be my voice and the voice of the Miskito people in the States. I am thankful for those of you who give so that we can simply be the ones who get to love on these children daily. I am thankful for those of you I have never met face to face but you continue to collect items so that these hands will have something special to open on Christmas.

I am thankful that even though I said I would never be a teacher I somehow stumbled upon teaching almost 200 street children English and I LOVE it.

I am thankful for the hours spent lifting us up in prayer. I am thankful for the words of encouragement that keep me going when the going gets hard.

I am thankful that I get to be mommy to the spunkiest Miskito princess around.


I am thankful for a God who is so much bigger than I can fathom. For a God who has gigantic plans for Root Ministries than I could NEVER EVER dream of. For a God who loves us!

What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment