Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Plans or His Plans?

Before I moved to La Moskitia I met with some different people who advised me to make a 5 year plan of where I saw the ministry going.


My 5 year plan looked something like this:
 (actually I don't even know where that paper is anymore but I think it looked like this with a few more details)

Year 1 move, love on Grace, get adjusted.
Year 2 start looking for land and  build a house.
Year 3 move in the house
and then Years 4 and 5 I don't remember at all

Well whats new...

 The Lord kind of has His own plans. I just get to be along for the ride and really don't get that much say in how things go.

Here is what the Lord has planned for YEAR ONE.

move

love on Grace

adjust- kind of.
 (some things here are totally normal to me now but in many ways I am still very much a gringa)

buy land and start to build a house.


Catch that last one.. BUY LAND! IT IS OFFICIALLY A DONE DEAL.


 
the first time we saw the "possible" land in November 2011.




So there goes my 5 years in less than a year.
 I am ready for what the Lord has planned for year 2.

It is amazing how he has provided for things I did not plan for when I moved. I did not raise support ahead of time to start a feeding program. I did not find sponsors ahead of time to send kids to school.I did not raise support ahead of time to buy land. I did not raise support ahead of time to build a house. 
The Lord has provided what He has seen fit to provide for.




That little white post on the right is one corner.
I'm just a little excited to sit on my porch with that view!



Grace enjoying the room to run


and throw rocks


Isaiah 45:3
"I will give you... riches stored in secret places
so that you may know that I am the LORD the God of Israel, who summons you by name."

Grace and her buddy Aaron digging for treasure.



No comments:

Post a Comment