Monday, October 24, 2011

Honduran Experience #3

What is one word to describe your experience?
life-changing

What was your first impression when you got off the plane?
Dusty. Haha!

How was your experience diffferent than you imagined?
It was emotionally harder than I imagined. I wasn't quite prepared for the heartbreak I experienced.

Where did you see the Lord during your time here?
In Morgan and the Waitts. Despite the circumstances there was constant joy for serving and for the people in the community.

What was your favorite part of your trip?
Going to the hospital. Not. My favorite part was the children. Grace, Henry, the kids at Send Hope, the kids in the street.

What was hard for you to see or do?
Waching the papa K slice open a mothers uterus.
It was hard for me to hear the stories of abuse and abandonment of the children.

What do you feel like the Lord taught you during you time in PL?
God showed me his heart in a way. I came home very sad, confused, and pessimistic. I couldn't quite grasp why many of the kids have to live through certain things and lack many of the basic human rights such as love, food, and education. He gently reminded me that He knows. He feels all of the pain. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." God will one day bless the children struggling right now in Puerto Lempira and the surrounding villages if they come to the knowledge of Him. Like Psalm 27:10 says, "Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me." No matter how much I hate it, suffering is going to happen. God reminded me that my job is to spread His good name so that one day they may have no suffering and much rejoicing with Him in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment