Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Honduran experience #4

What is one word to describe your experience?
-Challenging

What was your first impression when you got off the plane?
-I've been on many different kinds of planes all my life and landed on all types of runways but that dirt, pothole filled runway was by far the worst. My first thought after stepping out of the plane was --Lord, Help me survive this experience. And then I saw Morgan and Grace and I felt a huge sigh of relief!

How was your experience diffferent than you imagined?
-I thought it would be more rewarding but instead I was angered and frustrated that I could not help everyone there.

Where did you see the Lord during your time here?
-In Morgan, Lily, and the Waits family. True believers who live for the Lord and want to spread the love of Jesus Christ.

What was your favorite part of your trip?
-I enjoyed the walking through the village and just enjoying each day to the fullest. It was nice not being in the hustle of everyday life with traffic and the radio and cellphones. Reminded me of what is important in life and what isn't.

What was hard for you to see or do?
-The hospital broke my heart. Healthcare is something we as US citizens take for granted. Also, the living conditions are pitiful. 10+ people living in a one room hut is hard to even imagine let alone actually see.

What do you feel like the Lord taught you during you time in PL?
-Patience. And He reminded me to treat others the way I want to be treated. And how you should not have to tell people you are a Christian, people should SEE the Lord in you through your words and your actions.

How did those first impressions change as you got back on that plane headed for the states?
-I survived and it was worth it! And I need to learn Spanish before I go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment