Tuesday, October 2, 2012

 

 
 
For those of you just now starting to follow our journey I am going to do a quick recap of how we started, where we are now, and what our future plans are.
 
The vision of Root Ministries began in 2009 the very first time I
visited Puerto Lempira, Honduras. I returned to Alabama my brain full
of experiences that needed processing. I quickly came to the
conclusion that the Lord had not let me experience those two weeks to
leave it at that. He was calling me to move there. Then my flesh began
to doubt I could live in a country I had only experienced two weeks
in. So at that point I decided to spend my summer break between my
junior and senior year in Honduras. While there I was praying through
exactly what the Lord’s plans were for me. Shortly into my stay a six
month old eight pound baby girl made her way into my life. I will
never forget the moment it all clicked. It was 5 am I was sitting in a
rocking chair holding a “dying” baby girl. Having just been told “ I
want you to have her.” I said yes to a desperate grandmother but I
also said yes to whatever the Lord was starting that morning.
From that point I fought the fight for my precious miracle Grace. As
the summer came to an end I was supposed to return and finish my
senior year of college. In obedience to my parents I returned finished
my senior year. In May 2011 only a short week after graduation I moved
to Honduras.


Once moving Grace and I settled into our little one room apartment and
began working on this huge dream I believe the Lord placed on my
heart.

Root Ministries- Through below the surface relationships bringing a
“hope and a future” to the people of La Moskitia.

1. A family for orphaned and abandoned children- bringing orphans and
abandoned children into my home and raising them as my family. In
February 2012 I became mommy to a two month old little baby boy named
Daniel Paul. In the years to come we plan to build a house where we
can take in 12 children.

2. Kasaubila Feeding Program- An outreach program started in January
2012 in one of the poorest neighborhoods in Puerto Lempira. At this
point the program is two days a week. We have around 60 constant
children coming between the ages of 2 and 15. They come we have a
sports time, worship, monthly memory verse and a bible story. After we
finish they receive a meal of rice, beans, and oranges.

One slow step at a time we have finally come to the point of owning
property, building a place for the Kasaublia Feeding Program kids to
call their own, and planning for a home where we can take in more
orphans and abandoned children and raise them as our family.

 



 

So what are we doing right now?

At the end of September my brother, his fiance, and some friends came.

On September 17th 2012 we broke ground on the Kasaubila Feeding Program property!
 
We started out drawing the property layout in the sand.





The guys and Grace went straight to work.
 



Local men have continued the construction on the eating area and kitchen.


 

 
The girls and I visited the homes of the sponsored children. We delivered letters and gifts from their sponsors and helped the kids write their sponsors letters.

 
 
 
 
Dani actually got to meet his sponsors in person! What a great day!
 
 
 

As for our little family:
 
Both my babies are growing up WAY too fast.
Daniel Paul is standing up and getting ready to walk! He can say hola and mama!
Grace has developed a great imagination. My favorite is the flamingo that lives in our hallway.
Daniel Paul's temporary custody agreement runs out on October 25th. After this date we can have the hearing  to be is permanent family.
We are still working hard to get Grace a passport and VISA to be able to visit Alabama.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment