Thursday, September 8, 2011

This afternoon Grace and I headed out to a local hospital to pick up some medical records for a friend who is in the adoption process. As we left the hotel it was also time for the shift change. So all of our favorite workers who have become close friends were getting off work. We stood outside and Grace kissed them and we laughed and hugged goodbye. A taxi stopped without me flagging it down and we hopped in and all happy I told him that we needed to go to the hospital. He ask me if someone was sick there and I told him no we were just picking up the medical records. He proceeded to tell me that his daughter was in the hospital. For the next few minutes the story unfolded. Through tears he began with the reason I stopped to get you is because it made me happy to see your daughter giving kisses to those women because my daughter can´t do that.  He tells me that she is seven years old and was hit by a car a few weeks ago and has been in a coma for SEVENTEEN days. He told me that he had just come from the other hospital looking for blood she needs for a transfusion. The other hospital had the blood but he did not have the money to purchase it so he was working and knowing that the Lord was going to provide.

My heart hurt as I held back the tears and the Lord whispered to my heart.. If you will sacrafice I will provide.

The taxi driver told me how tired he was but knowing God is his strength and claiming in the end that the Lord will heal his daughter.

I want to ask all of you to pray with me for healing for this seven year old girl. Knowing and claiming that our God is the Great Physician. He is the one giving the doctors wisdom as this little girl enters surgery tonight. Pray for the family for strength, peace, and an increase in faith through this!

No comments:

Post a Comment