Thursday, June 28, 2012

mission trip

Dominican Republic 2004

We are headed on a mission trip.

Yes, we are missionaries going on a mission trip.

We are blessed to have the opportunity to serve a team from my home church and going to Forgotten Children's Ministries-  http://forgottenchildrenministries.org/


I am thrilled to spend a week with some of my oldest friends. Many of the very same people were on the very first mission trip I made to Dominican Republic.

I am excited to serve along side them in a ministry so dear to many of their hearts.

I am excited to serve with another ministry right here in Honduras
 (even though it seems countries away.)

I am excited to see ministry from a different view(as an outsider)
I am excited to love on kids.
I am excited to see Grace love on kids.
I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for our week.

Sometimes, I feel like being a missionary you get into survival mode. You do what you have to do every day while growing very accustomed to the fact that there are: malnourished children living on the next block, child prostitutes walking the street in front of your house at night, prisoners whose families have no food, children who are not in school for lack of a uniform, and women and children who are abused because that is "love".
It all becomes "normal every day life."

I am pray that I NEVER grow accustomed to these things.

I hope to glean some wisdom of those who have been doing ministry for years. While taking a step back and looking at ministry as an outsider and remembering the real reason we do it. I pray the Lord would use us to accomplish whatever His will for the week is.
With an added bonus of hanging out with friends!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you're going to get to be with them!! I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete